Thursday, August 20, 2009

Back on track (pun intended)

Yesterday I decided my back was good enough to start running again. I put in 3.5 miles on the treadmill in 35 minutes. My back feels a little stiff this morning, but otherwise in good spirits. Kerry and I went to the gym on two days ago on Tuesday morning for a swim. I think the lifeguard was on the verge of jumping in and saving us both at least a couple of times. I guess what the Thurbers lack in swimming, the good Man upstairs gives us in running! Needless to say, we looked pathetic at best. We decided after our swim that the jacuzzi looked quite inviting, so we relaxed our fatigued muscles in style, then decided to work on our tans outside for 30-45 minutes. After we transformed our pasty white mayonaise skin into a light tan hue we topped off our workout with some green curry from a Thai restaurant. Hey, no judging, it was an intense pack filled morning of extreme body physiquing!

Yesterday, I decided it was time to give my back a legitimate test and put in 3.5 miles in 35 minutes. My back is a little stiff this morning, but otherwise in good spirits. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Maybe Kerry will call this morning for another workout...

3 comments:

  1. Nice work! It's that Thai restaurant that will help the most:) One thing lacking: no whirlpool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My comment got missed last time. How does this blog thing work, Stephen?

    Nathan's an extremely good swimmer. He swam about twice as far as me. I was more likely to call for more Thai curry than another workout.

    Lisa paced me on the bicycle late last night while I huffed and puffed. Passers by probably thought it best to keep their distance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you guys are having a lot of fun. I wish I could run with you instead of doing it alone every day. I could probably keep up for a short distance, then meet you coming back.

    Has anybody figured out the details on the half-marathon we are running in February in the Phoenix area? We should probably get registered.

    I saw a cool bumper sticker the other day. Instead of 26.2, it said 13.1.

    ReplyDelete