Sunday, September 13, 2009

First outside run!

Well, I couldn't stomach going to the gym again and running on the treadmill again. After so many runs on a treadmill I start to question whether or not I can do it in the real world.

So, off I went to the Higley High track. I left the house @ 9:45pm and the temperature was 90 degrees. I took Tami and the twins with their bikes. I ran for 4 miles in about 40 minutes and Sammy rode his bike for 3 of those miles side by side with me. He is a very good pacer. Joey did 2 miles off and on. He kept getting distracted.

Hopefully I can talk Thomas into start running again. He hasn't ran since Lopez Island 5K.

2 comments:

  1. If you find a formula for getting your kids to run let me know. I think it is a lifetime of benefit to them, because kids that run usually become adults that run.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't hardly imagine the boredom of long miles on the treadmill. Then again, I can hardly imagine 90 degrees after dark. There's not very many good options in the Phoenix summers for running. It's about 60 degrees at 5am when I run and I think that's about perfect.

    I'm getting faster, but not much longer. 10.4 miles in 1:29:30 on Saturday and 5.6 in 47:10 this morning, finally breaking the 8:30/mile pace. I think I'll do OK at the half marathon, but I haven't yet discovered the fatigue at longer distance or at hotter temperatures. But, my legs started feeling it after about 10 miles on Saturday.

    ReplyDelete