Thursday, December 10, 2009

My latest...nothing :(

I wish I had running to report and am really jealous of all who can. I would just about do anything to go for a 5 mile run. I'm gaining weight back, and mentally don't feel as good. This is all due to my hurting right knee. I'm waiting back for the MRI results, and my family doctor thinks it's going to be a torn meniscus. He says it's no big deal. I've been around just long enough to know that's what they all say when it involves surgery. I know that's not a good train of thought to have, when that may be the only thing that helps me, but I hate surgery. I've pretty much ruled out IT band issues. The rest I've given myself has been more than enough to let that get better. Unfortunately, if anything, the symptoms have stayed the same if not actually gotten a little worse.

I don't get where Darly and Stephen are? You guys really should check into the blog and post. It can't be any more bleak than mine.

I'm ready for another Mark post as well.

1 comment:

  1. Darly, are you there?

    Nathan, I'm so sorry about your knee. If I were you, I would do whatever it takes to get it better.

    I got up over 31 miles last week. This week the snow came. On Monday and Tuesday, I shoveled. On Wednesday, the snowy sidewalks and roads scared me. But I also saw some walkers out on Wednesday and I got courage. On Thursday I ran in 7 degree weather. Today, I ran under warmer conditions at 10 degrees. Times are slower and distances are shorter.

    That's my report. What about you, Daryl?

    ReplyDelete