Monday, October 18, 2010

Newsy post

1) Went to Time Out for Women in Phoenix, AZ
2) Was inspired by Amanda Dickson http://www.ksl.com/?nid=173&sid=74133

3) Hung out with the MBAs
4) Flew home and got stranded in a trashed Vegas airport. Apparently it rained, with lightning. So they shut the airport down and told us on the tarmac, "we have lost contact with operations. We don't know how long we will be here." Funzies
5) Got home around 0130, went to bed, woke up from youngest poking his head in, "bye, Mom, I'm going to school now". Guilt trip was followed by...
5 a) Guilt trip #2) looked at my iPhone and there was an email from my Josh in Brazil. I had forgotten to write to him for the first time on his mission. I almost had a perfect record; he only has three weeks left.
6) Phone ringing. It was my Dad. My Mom broke her hip again! She escaped outside, fell down and did the same break as last year, femoral neck impaction fracture, only on the other side. Scary. And hard for my sister-in-law, who is taking care of her.
7) Jumped out of bed and pounded out 4.3 fast ones on the treadmill. Surprised at how tired I am; it took a lot to sustain the 7.6 mph pace for even a few minutes.
8) Went to physical therapy, where I was promoted to aqua jogging class. It starts Wednesday. I mentioned I was afraid of both water and swimming suits.
9) Made the best pot of chili ever created. Lots of chili powder, cumin, green chiles, black pepper, onions, and two pounds of meat. Oh. And red pinto beans.
10) Found out from the Boston Athletic Association that registration for the Boston marathon had opened....and closed, all in the space of 8 hours. I think they should make it harder to qualify. At least for us women. I got to run it twice; I am grateful.
11) Skipped P90X. I am tired.
12) Went to the store and bought various and sundry items for various and sundry things.
13) Etc. Mom things. Laundry, talking to sons away from home, playing taxi driver to sons at home, grocery shopping, phone duty for my Mom's condition updates, adding numerous appointments to my calendar this week.

1 comment:

  1. my friend so sorry to hear about your mom. That is so awful. I hope she can heal ok and fast.

    I feel many things about this weekend but not sure I can share all of them here. It was an amazing time.

    Feeling the drag here too....hope Tuesday is less eventful and goes smooth

    ReplyDelete